-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Saturday 2 July 2022

Alicia Keys [2022] - U Dont Know My Name (DJ YMASHA Remixes) [Self Released]


The jury's out for me on these two DJ YMASHA remixes (Luv Remix and Brenda Remix) of, as far as I'm concerned, the best song Alicia Keys has ever done. 

As you are already aware, "You Don't Know My Name" samples The Main Ingredient's "Let Me Prove My Love To You" co-written by the recently departed Ken Williams with J. R. Bailey and Rudy Clark in 1976.

It sounds to me like the French DJ has pitched up the original (from 83 BPM to 93 BPM) and the vocals now sound off key in places (more noticeable on the Brenda Remix) and adds a bit of 'urbanality' but I offer them up for you to decide for yourself.

Available only from Bandcamp.

Click on image below for link to where you can buy from.
Click icons below for further information or to connect with the artist. 


Details
Rating: 7.5
Explicit: N
Genre/Style: New Soul / R&B
Format: Single
Media: Digital
Label: Self Released
Cat No: None
Date: 01/07/2022
Key/BPM: ?/93
Price: €1
Copyright © 2009-2022 SoulStrutter All Rights Reserved


No comments: