-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Tuesday 4 May 2021

Galaxy / Glenn Jones - You And Me


Yesterday I posted a new version of the modern soul tune 'You And I' by Leroy Allen and commented that after 40 years I was surprised that two versions of the song were released in the same week, by Gil on 16 Apr and Allen on 23 Apr.  

When I originally posted the Gil version I also posted the 1980 Rockie Robbins version which I thought to be the original, but a regular blog reader 'bluesky' has pointed out that it was actually released by a one album, one single band Galaxy in 1978 on their 'Hot, Wet And Sticky' album.

He also informed me that Glenn Jones released a version recently. In fact I've discovered that there are three versions, the original from 17 Oct 2018 followed by two alternate versions, a smooth jazz version and an R&B version in 2019. The latter two versions were subsequently released on a 45 by Expansion in 2020. The R&B version also appeared on Expansion's 'Soul Togetherness 2019' compilation.

So, to close the loop, as it were, here are the other known versions.

Galaxy [1978] - You & Me [Arista #AB 4211]


Glenn Jones [2018] You & Me [Talent Room Entertainment]


Glenn Jones [2020] You & Me (R&B Version) [Expansion #EXS023 A]


Glenn Jones [2020] You & Me (Smooth Jazz Version) [Expansion #EXS023 B]



No comments: