-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Thursday 17 December 2020

Bobby Shannon [1973] - You're An Uplift / I Get My Groove From You [To-Mar #0011]


Another double-sided crossover beauty, this time a bargain £500 record!  The flip side is a version of Bobby Patterson's - I Get My Groove From You released the same year on Paula that's been played in modern rooms for decades. Both versions were released in 1973, I would assume that Patterson's is the original version, given that he wrote the song, but that is not always necessarily the case.

I'm not sure (or convinced) that this is the same guy as a lot of the blues/country records that are linked to him on 45Cat released in the early 60s, but it could have been a comeback release in the early 70s?

This is the only listed release on To-Mar.

Bobby Shannon [1973] - You're An Uplift [To-Mar #0011]

Bobby Shannon [1973] - I Get My Groove From You [To-Mar #0011]

Bobby Patterson [1973] - I Get My Groove From You [Paula #P-386]



No comments: