-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Sunday 12 April 2020

George Jackson's - If I Could Open Up My Heart - Versions


A few versions of the deep soul track written by George Jackson.

A tenuous link back to Big Mel on this post as he was a member of Public Announcement who provided the inspiration for this post with their version of this track on an obscure album 'Chicago Soul The "Truth" In R&B Collection' released in 2004.

Public Announcement! [2004] - If I Could Open Up My Heart [1time management OTM 0237]


George Jackson [2002] - If I Could Open Up My Heart [Grapevine GVCD 3003]

The composer's version which lay in the can until released on Grapevine album 'In Muscle Shoals' in 2002.


Otis Clay [1982] - If I Could Open Up My Heart [Waylo]

From the album The Only Way Is Up. This is a bit confusing as the album titled 'The Only Way Is Up' appears to have been first issued in Japan on RCA Victor in 1982.  The first US release was 1985 on Blues R&B, the sleeve names album 'The Only Way Is Up' but the label states 'Check It Out'.  It then came out on Willie Mitchell's Waylo label in 1989 on CD as 'The Only Way Is Up' with different artwork.


Lynn White [1990] - If I Could Open Up My Heart [S.O.H. SOH 703/705]

From the 1990 album 'The New Me'.  As mentioned previously on this blog, Lynn White was  the sister of Larry Saunders/Sanders.  The song was also released on 45 in 1991 as flip to My Sex Machine on SOH 705.




No comments: