-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Thursday 23 April 2020

Fourth Day [198?] - On My Way Up / You Turn Me On [DT 103A / DT 104B]


DT records was a Detroit label owned by Dennis Jerome Talley who was married to Darlene Love. DT released around 15 45s predominantly in the 80s.  Probably the best known is Emmanuel Laskey's modern soul classic 'I'd Rather Leave On My Feet' written and recorded (first) by Cylde Milton on Disco Tac, the label's only release.  The backing track from which is used on the flip to the Fourth Day flip side You Turn Me On.

Fourth Day [198?] - On My Way Up [DT 103A]




Fourth Day [198?] - You Turn Me On [DT 104B]


Magnificents [1981] - On The Way Up [DT 103]

The next DT release was an alternative version of the 2 Fourth Day sides by the Magnificents, re-using the Clyde Milton/Emmanuel Laskey backing once again on the flip.

There's a stark difference between the quality of the 45 RPM Version and the Album Version Vocal.  I much prefer the former as the long Album Version loses the soul and turns in more into a club mix with added synth.


45  RPM Version


Album Version Vocal


Whilst I am here I may as well post the Clyde Milton and Emmanuel Laskey tracks.

Clyde Milton [197?] - I'd Rather Leave On My Feet [CM 101]

The original version.  Milton only recorded one further single. It was a message song on DT called Leave Drugs Alone.


Clyde Milton [197?] - Disco Funk [CM 101]

No sound clip available


Emmanuel Laskey [1980] - I'd Rather Leave On My Feet (Part 1) [DT 100]

Emmanuel Laskey/Lasky released around 15 45s mainly in 60s (predominantly on Thelma) and a few in 70s.  This was his last release (45Cat states 1977) but most believe it was 1980.  He released another 45 on DT in 1973? Remember Me Always Pts I & II which may have been a reissue of the Stag 45 as it has the same Cat. No. 


Emmanuel Laskey [1980] - I'd Rather Leave On My Feet (Full Lenght Disco Version) [DT 100]




No comments: